Midlife Crooner Crisis Album Reviews

With Top of the Pops cruelly taken away from us, I've rarely much of a clue as to what in the charts. But I doubt even the most knowledgable of experts could have predicted that one of 2016's biggest albums would come from the presenter of The Chase. Chasing Dreams ended the year as the second biggest UK debut and perhaps unsurprisingly given his key demographic, achieved that with predominantly physical sales.

So the arrival of a follow-up was never in doubt but it brings with it competition, from a whole raft of middle-aged white male presenters seeking to tap into those CD sales. And me being the kind soul that I am, I've listened to some of them, mainly so that you don't have to...as it's not a field overflowing with the kind of music that floats my boat. Each to their own though. 

I already reviewed Jason Manford here, and now we have Bradley Walsh - When You're Smiling, Alexander Armstrong - In A Winter Light, and Anton Du Beke - From The Top for your reading pleasure. (I'm not counting Michael Ball and Alfie Boe's Together Again in this category as they're singers by trade but I'll link to the review anyway as that would be my pick of this bunch).

Labels: , , , , , ,