Re-review: Matilda the Musical, Cambridge

"When I grow up,
I will be smart enough to answer all
The questions that you need to know
The answers to before you're grown up"

As Matilda the Musical approaches its seventh year in the West End, and a new adult cast has had a couple of weeks to bed in, I was delighted to get the chance to revisit the show. Since its premiere in Stratford back in 2010/11, it has been a musical to fall in love with over and over again. I can - and do - listen to the Original Cast Recording all the time, and it is always on top of the list of things I recommend when I'm ever asked 'what should I see'. Take a read of my 5 star review for Official Theatre here, as I try not to use up all my words in praise of Gina Beck.

Running time: 2 hours 35 minutes (with interval)
Booking until 27th May 2018, for the moment
David Shannon, Gina Beck, Tom Edden and Marianne Benedict



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,