Re-review: Scenes from a Marriage, Toneelgroep Amsterdam at the Barbican

"I don't know what my love looks like, and I can't describe it. Most of the time I can't feel it"

A bit of an ironic choice of quote as this production is one which made me feel so intensely that after sitting through its four hours on Thursday, I booked again for the Sunday. Toneelgroep Amsterdam's far too short stay at the Barbican is an undoubted highlight of my year - their interpretation of Scenes from a Marriage proving to be a simply extraordinary piece of theatre that I knew I had to go and see again.

My review is here and I have little to add to it, it expresses everything I have to say for once. I am now looking at their programme over in Amsterdam to see what I can nip over and see in their surtitled selection, as I can't wait for them to come to me again, it will just take too long! 

Photo: Ivo van Hove

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,