Out-of-Office



I won’t be posting for a few days so I thought I'd leave you an out-of-office message so you'd know nothing was wrong - I have coping strategies in place to manage six days without theatre (though celebrating my birthday in Florence with friends will certainly help...!).

And as a birthday present to you, my readers, I've selected some of my favourite videos for your viewing pleasure.  
Ghost the musical doing Gotye's Somebody That I Used To Know. I actually really like the production on this cover though I'm not convinced the story of the song really fits with the theme of the show. But with Matt Evans' hypnotic abs, I don't much mind ;-)



I have a massive crush on Olivia Williams and this short reading of Oscar Wilde's The Nightingale and the Rose is just lovely.


A lovely WWII short film- In Passing - with the excellent Russell Tovey and the incomparable Lesley Sharp.



Kristin Chenoweth – If You Hadn’t (But You Did). A simply genius piece of comic choreography.



This clip of Fiona Shaw's reading of The Wasteland is extraordinary, the way she just slips into the poetry is gorgeously effortless and spellbinding and makes me wish I could see her do it again and really appreciate this time round. 




His voice kind of annoys me in this, but the enthusiasm and passion behind Jonathan Groff's rendition of Anything Goes is kinda irresistible.


Another luxurious voice winding its way through Oscar Wilde's writing - Frances Barber reading the The Sphinx just beautifully.


I love this most for being quite a bit mental and as modern as I think we've ever seen Harry Hadden-Paton(!), here in Prasanna Puwanarajah's award-winning short film Clamp and Grind.




Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,