Top 10 plays for May

Just the 28 to choose from this month and a very mixed bag indeed, taking in amongst other things, the theatre event of the summer, 2 long-runners I never thought I'd get round to seeing and a new big musical. Here's my selection for the month of May.
  1. A Delicate Balance
  2. Propeller's Pocket Dream
  3. Many Moons
  4. Hamlet! The Musical
  5. Much Ado About Nothing (Wyndhams)
  6. All's Well That Ends Well
  7. I Am The Wind
  8. Kingdom of Earth
  9. Bette & Joan
  10. Macbeth
And as for my least favourite play of the month, it will not surpise you one jot that it was One Man Two Guvnors, no matter how lonely it is out here... ;-)

What am I looking forward to...?
There's plenty booked in already, including Kristin Scott Thomas' return to the stage in Betrayal and my first time seeing Alex Kingston in Luise Miller at the Donmar which I'm excited about. Am also intrigued by the prospect of Ibsen's longest play featuring John Heffernan and Andrew Scott in Emperor & Galilean at the National Theatre, a brilliant sounding cast for the Arcola's Seagull and spending the night at the Barbican with Duckie's Lullaby. Oh, and the Propeller boys finally arrive in London, yay!!

Labels: